Jul 19, 2006

Wedding Cost

My favorite topic (as I roll my eyes to the back of my head). We've been calling and calling places to see what their base price for rentals are for an event such as a wedding. Here's what I've found so far (remember this is only for the facility rental).

Napa Valley: min $10,000
San Francisco: avg $3,500
North Bay: avg $5,000
East Bay: $avg 2,500


The type of venue and the type of season comes into play. The cheapest option is to marry during the daylight hours on a weekday in the dead of winter when it's cold and rainy. Venues may even compete to try and get you in on that one.

More on average cost of wedding per city can be found on Cost of wedding. Interestingly enough, vegas actually has a higher avg cost for weddings then san francisco. Guess fake Elvis is pulling in a little more money these days.

1 comment:

audrey said...

Damn, wow---the venue rental alone in Napa Valley is $10,000? And let me guess: there's a food minimum on top of that.