Nov 28, 2006

Visual Cues.

Happy Belated Cyber Monday!

Ever since I've worked at Amazon, there's been ongoing discussions on how people respond to images. We did several rather interesting brain-storming sessions with Udi Manber (once former CEO) on image search, and when A9 launched with an Image search column, the positive response was overwhelming. Google even launched a similar web/image search UI with searchmash.com. Today in all the online shopping madness I came across Imagini, a site that presents the user with a series of visual cues and decides on the makeup of your Visual DNA. I'm not sure how expansive the catalog is, but I liked everything that they suggested... until I found out that the prices were all in Euros.. and I realized that I couldn't afford anything.

No comments: