Feb 18, 2006

"Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it" - marie antoinette

marie antoinette, sofia coppola's latest. Trailer looks great especially when the back drop of the entire movie is going to be Versailles. I'm not too thrilled that she cast Kirsten Dunst whose acting abilities haven't improved since Interview with a Vampire. Jason Schwartzman is also an interesting cast for Louis XVI. It'll be interesting to see what the movie focuses on. I must say that I'm obsessed with the song in the trailer... New Order's Age of Consent.

There is a 1938 version of Marie Antoinette starring Norma Shearer and Tyrone Power.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Kirsten. And I just can't get my hands around Jason Schwartzman. Did you know that he's related to the Coppola's?

Holly Golightly said...

yep, he's talia shire's son. i do find the trailer quite intriguing, despite the the disconnection between the music and the depiction of 18th century france. but really, the thing i am most jealous of sofia about is the fact that she is tight with marc jacobs.

BURNTRAMEN said...

it'll be interesting to see an artsy version of the guillotine, but I don't know if sofia is going to take the movie out that far into marie antoinette's life