Aug 25, 2006

I'm on a budget

So yesterday, my convivant (that's my new word for an SO that's living in sin) and i went to meet potential financial advisors. We definitely felt old especially when one of the advisors said he graduated UNDERGRAD in 2005. ACK. All things considered, he was really good at handling our questions and presenting ideas that sounded very reasonable and not at all intimidating. We liked him so much that we even toyed with the idea of calling him up and hanging out with him on a social level. Anyways, we now have a financial advisor that will try to help us retire at 55. (Actually he almost snorted up his coffee when he heard that I had this goal - I guess it's out of the question.. I didn't know. Course I didn't factor in inflation and all that mumbo jumbo and now I guess I don't have to since all the numbers are in their hands sorta). I feel a little more grown up now.

I do have this urge to go on a massive shopping spree before 'being on a budget' kicks in.. don't I sound more grown up?

No comments: