Jul 2, 2007

Raise money for the kids!

My running buddy (miss Katy McLean)is trying to raise funds to support kids to get into the NYC Marathon. We both entered but we didn't make the lottery, BUT she still wants to go.. So please, if you have and extra cent or two (Her company, WAMU matches any contribution at 100%), please donate to her charity of choice: Team For Kids!

Here are more details in her words:

-----------------------------------------------------------------


Hello Everyone,

Many of you helped me raise money for my very first marathon in 2005, which benefited the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. I am now gearing up for the New York City Marathon in November, but I cross the finish line without your help.


The Cause:

I have joined Team for Kids, the New York Road Runners Foundation’s team of volunteers who raise funds for youth fitness programs. I chose this foundation when I read these statistics:

· More than 43 percent of New York City children are overweight or obese, putting them at significant risk for early onset of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and other chronic illnesses

· Student-teacher ratios for physical education in New York City elementary schools are estimated to be 730 to 1

· 2 out of every 5 New York City public schools offer no after-school sports or fitness activities

New York Road Runners helps Team for Kids deliver running-based fitness programs to 25,000 at-risk school children each week in New York and a handful of other cities.


How You Can Help:

I will need to raise a minimum of $2500 for Team for Kids to ensure my spot in the New York City Marathon in November. In addition to the fundraising, I will be training for the 26.2 mile race. Here are different ways you can help prepare me for the big race:

· Provide pedicures to keep my feet blister free and my toenails attached throughout my training

· Become a water stop volunteer and meet me along my training routes with motivational cheers and Gatorade

· Run alongside me singing "Eye of the Tiger" on my training runs

Bagels, Gatorade and/or moral support will gladly be accepted
· Make a monetary donation

- $1 per mile for a total of $26

- $50 will ensure you are not invited to run at 8am on Saturday mornings

- $100 will remove you from this email distribution

- $250 will buy you the license to laugh at my inability to walk/sit in the coming weeks

- $500 to be my best friend (offer expires November 4th)



Donations Can Be Made:

Online:

https://www.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/start.cgi/mar-programs/nyrrf/team/2007/donations.htm


In the Mail:

Donation documents have been attached and can be sent to:
(if you need the pdf, email me)

New York Road Runners Foundation

NYRR Foundation Team for Kids

845 Third Avenue, 11th floor

New York, NY 10022


Be sure to note my Marathon Entry Number 114113 and Last Name (McLean) when submitting a donation. All contributions are tax-deductible and you will receive acknowledgement from NYRRF in the mail. If you have questions about corporate matching policies and processes feel free to let me know.

Thank You!

No comments: